
At present i can find a number of uses for some of the tools i have learn about but more for my personal use than library use. I have signed up to Library Thing and had great amusement trying to add titles that noone else had added, eventually i succeeded. As i don't have a computer at home i will have to wait before entering all the contents of my library onto it.
I have also made some amazing discoveries, while searching Flickr I discovered a photo of my brother's house in Kyabram. It was taken by someone on holiday there who was admiring the architecture. As i had posted a photo of the same house the person who took the original photo made a comment about it. What a small world this internet can be!
Members of our family have been sharing photos by email for a while as we try to build our family trees, Flickr would be a good way to share these photos as a group and to be able to organise them into family groups.
have also joined Facebook and now have 1 friend!! I was surprised though that my name was so unique, I am the only catherine heenan listed there. maybe other people use their 'avatar' or online identities instead?

No comments:
Post a Comment