Friday, December 28, 2007

Podcasts

I haven't had anything to do with podcasts (just those through this program) and wasn't looking forward to this task. However eventually i found some interesting things both library orientated and personal. First i downloaded i-tunes which i had heard about but not used. What an easy way to spend (waste) money! I quickly moved onto Yahoo audio search which yielded nothing except music files as far as i could tell. I tried to find something on RFID and Libraries with no luck. I then found an interesting audio file from BBc but my computer wouldn't play it as the 'extention' wasn't recognised so i gave up on that one (although there was a link to full text).

Podcast.net was better, after a search i found a interesting pod called 'Coffee of the day' however i then realised that it had only 4 episodes, the last one dated last year so i didn't subscribe to that. There was also 'the Library channel' which had some interesting episodes but had been discontinued. i then found another library podcasts from 'Sunnyvale public library' (in California surprise, surprise) and subscribed to that. They have podcasts of speakers, seminars etc presented in library on a wide range of topics as well as local oral histories. It is updated regularly so i will keep an eye on it to see how a large modern library uses this technology.

Podcastalley.com was the best directory. It is very American (as is everything i guess) but i did find a podcast of 'mystery of a hansom cab' as an audio book which i have been wanting to read so now i can listen to it instead! (I'm not sure if that is illegal or not??) I also subscribed to the NYtimes health podcasts which look good. I found the 'Open Stack' podcasts which have just reappeared after a year's break but have been reinvented as ' Uncontrolled vocabulary' in i-tunes podcast, to quote, "a live interactive discussion of current events in the world of libraries & librarians". Sounds impressive so i will subscribe to that also. My bloglines account is getting bigger but i have weeded out some of the blogs i haven't really used so i have room (or rather time) for some new ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

activators supplemental czkap fretzcenter pacificare mutexfont hardship celeste meaning slower according
lolikneri havaqatsu